Contact Us Today For a FREE ESTIMATE
Our Faux Painting Experts Are True Artists of Decor
DF Painting sets a very high standard for our faux painters. Faux painting is the most complex yet artistic painting service we offer. We carefully screen the skills, integrity and experience of all of our faux finishing artisans. Faux painting or faux finishing refers to a variety of painting and texturizing techniques to add the appearance of a different material or to add dimension and relief to the painted surface.
Faux painting may be applied to interior painting or exterior painting. Faux painting may refer to methods to make the painted surface look like other materials, such as marble or wood. Faux painting may refer to adding texture to the painted surface to give a 3D effect to the wall, column or other decorative or architectural inside or outside feature. Here are some common faux finishing methods that we can paint your house in Texas:
• Marbleizing - using glazing and dimensional or hued coloring to simulate marble.
• Fresco - typically done by painting on damp plaster to give a look of a sort of "watercolor" or depth of color,
• Wood graining ("fake wood" in French) - using multiple colors to simulate wood, often for exotic woods.
• Trompe l'oeil ("trick the eye" in French) - essentially murals made to look like very realistic architectural details, such as columns, trim, windows, etc..
• Venetian plaster - may be either smooth or actual textured plaster, such as mixed with marble dust (e.g., Tadelakt), is colored plaster technique that highlights the texture depth and design of the surface.
• Color wash, ragging, sponging - gives dimension, pattern or image underlay to the painted surface by using multiple hues of glaze blended together with a paint brush, rag or sponge.
• Strié ("streak" in French) - using glazing to create soft thin streaks of color, which may be used to give the appearance of fabric on the painted surface
Tarrant County Tx, Dallas Tx, Arlington Tx
Mon - Fri 7am - 8pm | Sat 8am - 5pm